Quick and easy atta halwa with 4 simple ingredients. It is served in The Gurudwara and called Kada Prasad. It’s very simple and easy to make but yet so delicious.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour/ atta
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup clarified butter/ghee
Steps In Making Atte Ka Halwa
- In a pan add water and sugar and let it simmer till the sugar melts completely. The sugar syrup is ready, now keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat, add ghee, and once it melts add the whole wheat flour/atta to it.
- Now while stirring it continuously, roast the flour till it turns golden brown in color. Approximately it will take for 10-12 minutes.
- Once the atta has roasted, it will release ghee and turn brown in color. Now slowly add the sugar syrup and keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Cook for a couple of more minutes, the halwa will begin to thicken. Now switch off the flame and serve hot.
- To measure all the ingredients, use the same cup.
- The recipe can be multiplied and divided as per the requirement.
- Keep stirring the atta regularly, else it will burn.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste.