|Moong Dal ka Halwa by Delicious Recipe|
Ingredients For Moong Dal Halwa
- ½ cup (100g) ghee/clarified butter
- 2bsp. besan/gram flour
- 1 tbsp. suji/semolina
- ½ cup (100g) moong dal
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 20-22 kesar/saffron strands soaked in 2 tablespoons of warm water for 12-15 minutes
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 8-10 almonds
- 8-10- cashews
- 2bsp. raisins
- 4 green cardamoms
Steps In Making Moong Dal Halwa
- Soak moong dal for atleast 4-5 hours and grind it in a mixer grinder till coarse, (don’t grind till fine paste) and do not use water while grinding, maybe a tablespoon if really needed.
- Take a heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add some ghee.
- After the ghee melts, add suji and atta and stir it for 3-4 minutes till slightly golden in colour.
- Now keep low flame and add the moong dal mixture to it. Keep mixing continuously, otherwise it might form lumps.
- Roast the dal for 12-13 minutes or till the dal gets a crumbly and sand-like texture.
- Now add milk, cook for 12-13 minutes or until the dal has absorbed the milk.
- Now add sugar and cook for 5-7 minutes till the sugar melts and the water is absorbed.
- Now add saffron water.
- Dal will start to release ghee. Cook till the dal gets a thick texture.
- Now add dry fruits like almonds, cashews, raisins and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot.
- Store it in the freeze in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Recipe Notes For Moong Dal Halwa
- Make aur to use a heavy bottom pan or preferably a non-stick pan, as moong dal has a tendency to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Rava and atta gives the halwa a lovely texture and prevents the moong dal from forming lumps.
- Lot of times when we add moong dal directly into the ghee, it forms lumps sometime.
- While adding moong dal always low the flame, switch it off if needed and after mixing dal and ghee properly, switch it on again. It will prevent your dal from forming lumps.
- Milk can be replaced with water. Or you can use both water and milk in equal half quantity.