Skip to main content
KASHMIRI DUM ALOO | DELICIOUS RECIPE
- 12 -15 small sized potatoes
- 1 cup fresh yogurt
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1tsp dry ginger powder
- 1tsp fennel powder
- 1/6 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2tsp black cumin
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 big cardamom
- 2 small cardamoms
- 1-inch piece cinnamon
- 1/3tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Green Coriander (finely chopped)
STEPS TO MAKE KASHMIRI DUM ALOO
- Wash the potatoes well and boil them till they are half cooked, after they cool down, take them with a fork or a toothpick.
- Mix curd and cream and keep aside.
- Make a paste by adding water to red chili powder.
- Now put oil in a pan for frying and heat it, when the oil becomes hot, then slow the flame and put potatoes in it and fry till it becomes light golden.
- Now put two tablespoons of oil in a deep lidded vessel and heat it, put asafoetida and all the spices in the oil. Add red chili paste and mix it well.
- Mix the mixture of cream and curd and fry for 1-2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add one cup of water, fennel, and dry ginger powder, add boiled and fried potatoes and salt, cover the lid and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes or till the gravy becomes thick.
- Turn off the gas and garnish with green coriander and serve hot Dum Aloo with rice or roti.
Post a Comment