Have you ever eaten Onion Kheer? You must be thinking we are joking. But in Hyderabad, onion kheer is counted among the traditional desserts. Onion kheer tastes better than rice kheer. Also it is very easy to make. Today we are going to tell you the recipe of this delicious and unique dish. It is also known as 'Anokhi Kheer'.
- 500 ml milk
- 1 finely chopped white onion
- 3-4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts like cashews, almonds, pistachios and chironji
- 8-10 saffron threads
Steps in Making
- Put milk in a vessel and put it on low flame and also add saffron.
- Wash and rub the onion 8 - 10 times so that its smell goes away
- Let the milk cook on low flame, stirring occasionally, until it becomes slightly thick, now add onions and let it cook.
- Now milk is less than half and onion is also cooked, now add sugar and cook for 5-7 minutes more, Kheer is ready, now turn off the flame
- Onion kheer is ready, take out the kheer in a glass bowl, garnish with chopped dry fruits and serve.