- 10 bread slices
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter/ghee
- 5-6 cashews
- 5-6 almonds
- 1 tablespoons chirongi
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- saffron milk (20 saffron strands + 2 tablespoons warm milk)
- 2 green cardamoms crushed
- 1 tablespoon ghee.
Steps In Making
- Take the bread slices and with the help of a knife cut all their sides equally.
- Not cut all of them into small square pieces and keep them aside.
- In a kadai heat ghee and then add chopped cashews, almonds and chirongi. Saute them for a couple of minute or until it gets a light golden colour. Now remove them in a bowl.
- Now add raisins and fry them for 30 -40 seconds or until they swell up. Now remove them in a bowl.
- In the same kadai add the bread and while stirring occasionally cook on medium heat for 5-6min minutes or until it gets a light golden colour and turns crispy.
- Add milk and gently mix them. Cook for 2-3 minutes, the bread will soak all the milk.
- Further add sugar, condensed milk and saffron milk. Cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes or until the bread turns soft.
- Now add the fried nuts, raisins, crushed cardamom and ghee. It will be turned like a creamy halwa like texture.
- Mix and roast the bread halwa on medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until it starts to separate from the pan.
- Serve hot!
- You can use white bread, milk bread or brown bread for this recipe.
- You can also fry the bread.