- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 2 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 cup daliya/broken wheat
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 8-10 almonds
- 8-10 cashews
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup gud/jaggery powder
Steps In Making
- In a pressure cooker add ghee and once it turns hot add cloves and green cardamom and roast them for 15-20 seconds.
- Now add daliya and roast for 3-4 minutes until it gets a light brown color and turns aromatic.
- Further add cashews, almonds, raisins, and roast for a minute.
- Add hot water and jaggery /jaggery powder and mix well.
- Let it simmer on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes until it gets a couple of boils.
- Now pressure cook for 3 whistles. Open the lid once when stem released.
- Serve hot!
- Please measure daliya, water, and jaggery from the same cup. For 1 cup daliya/ broken wheat you need 3 cups water and 1 cup jaggery/gud. Keep this ratio in mind and you can divide or multiply the recipe as per your requirements.
- If you don't have jaggery powder then replace it with regular jaggery, just chop it into small pieces and use it.
- Avoid nuts if you don't want to use or you don't like.