Skip to main content
Vegetable Pulav in Pressure Cooker
- 3 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 12-15 cashews
- 15-18 black pepper corns
- 8-10 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 small cauliflower cut in big pieces
- 1 medium potato cubes
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup beans chopped
- 1 cup soya chunks soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup (250g) rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups water (measure water from the same cup as you measure the rice)
- 1 tablespoon ghee/clarified butter
Steps In Making
- In a pressure cooker add ghee and once it turns hot add cashews and roast them for 2 minutes on medium flame until they turn light golden. Once done remove them in a plate.
- Now add all the whole spices like cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, black pepper corns, cumin seeds, star anise, cardamom and toss for few seconds or until they turn aromatic.
- Further add the sliced onions and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they turn translucent.
- Now add cauliflower, carrots and potatoes. Roast them for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add peas, beans and the soya chunks and toss them for another 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add the dried spices, red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and cook for another minute. Add a tablespoon of water if needed.
- Further add soaked rice and gently mix them. Roast for a minute before adding the water.
- Finally add the roasted cashews, ghee and give it a god mix. Now pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Serve hot with raita, papad or salad.
- Roast the whole spices in ghee for better flavour and taste.
- Do not add extra water, else the pulav will become soggy.
- You can use any vegetables of your choice.
Post a Comment