Skip to main content
- 1 teaspoon ghee/clarified butter
- ½ cup vermicelli/semiyan
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon custard powder, vanilla
- 4-5 tablespoons milk
- 12-16 saffron strands
- ¼ cup (50g) sugar
- 5-6 almonds roughly chopped
- 5-6 cashews roughly chopped
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 banana sliced
Steps In Making
- In a pan add ghee and when it melts add the vermicelli.
- Roast the vermicelli on medium flame for around 3 minutes or until it turns golden brown in colour and releases an aromatic smell.
- In another pan add milk and boil.
- Now add saffron strands and cardamom powder.
- Add the roasted vermicelli in the milk and cook for around 8-9 minutes or until the vermicelli is cooked. It will double in size.
- Add sugar, almonds, cashews and cook till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now in a small bowl add custard powder and cold milk and mix till it to forms smooth texture.
- Add the custard mixture in the milk and cook for another 3-4 minutes. It will start to thicken. Do not over cook. Now let it cool down completely.
- To assemble in a glass add 1 or 2 tablespoons of pomegranate and banana. Now pour 1 or 2 spoonful of the vermicelli custard followed by chopped apples and pomegranate. Put another layer of custard vermicili.
- Garnish with almonds and pomegranate.
Post a Comment