- 4 cups (200g) poha/flattened rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup of raw peanuts
- ½ cup cashews slit in half
- ½ cup almonds slit in half
- ¼ cup dry coconut thinly sliced
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal
- 20-22 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies roughly chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Steps In Making
- In a heavy bottom, pan adds poha and dry roast it for 3-4 minutes on medium-low flame till it becomes crunchy. Once done, remove it in bowl.
- In the same pan add oil and once it becomes hot add raw peanuts and roast them for 4-5 minutes till they are almost 60-70 percent done. They will become slightly dark in color.
- Now add almonds and cashews and roast them for 2-3 minutes or till they get a light golden color.
- Now, add roasted chana dal and thinly sliced dry coconut and roast them for another 2 minutes.
- Now add curry leaves and green chilies ( I have removed the seeds from the chilies) Roast them till become crispy.
- Add raisins and cook for another minute.
- Lastly add all the spices, turmeric powder, amchoor powder, red chili powder, and salt and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Add sugar and mix well
- Finally, add the roasted poha and mix till everything is well mixed.
- Let it cool completely before you store it in an airtight container. Can be stored for up to 1 month.
- Do not roast the poha on high flame otherwise it will burn.
- Gently roast the poha else it will break easily.
- You can adjust the spices as per your taste.
Post a Comment