I will be sharing a very quick and Easy Rice Tikki Recipe. There are times when we have enough left over rice at home but don’t know how to use them interestingly. This rice tikki recipe is not only delicious but is very easy to make too.
- 1 large cup left over boiled rice
- 2 medium boiled potatoes
- ¼ cup red bell peppers, finely chopped
- ¼ cup capsicum, finely chopped
- ¼ cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin/jeera powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon amchoor/dry mango powder
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
Steps In Making
- In a large bowl add boiled rice and boiled potatoes and mash them together with the help of a potato masher or spoon until well combined.
- Now add all the finely chopped vegetables like, onions, green capsicum, red bell pepper, ginger, green chillies and mix again.
- Further add all the dry spices- red chilli powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix till everything is well combined. The tikki mixture is ready.
- Now take a spoonful of the prepared rice masala and form small round shape tikki’s.
- Place a pan or tawa over medium flame and add two tablespoons of oil on it. Once it turns hot, gently place the tikki’s. Cook them for 3-4 minutes from each side or until it gets a nice golden colour.
- Serve immediately with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- You can add any veggies of your choice, like boiled peas, carrots, beans etc.
- Make sure the veggies are finely chopped.
- You can fry the tikkis too.