Easy and quick to make, 10 minute coconut modak recipe for this festive season.
- 2 cups (200g) dried desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (180ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee
Steps In Making Coconut Modak
- In a pan over medium heat add ghee and let it melt completely.
- Now add dried desiccated coconut and while stirring it continuously roast for 3-4 minutes or until it turns aromatic.
- Now add condensed milk and mix well.
- Lastly add milk and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the milk is completely absorbed by the coconut. Once done, it will stop sticking to the pan and come together.
- To check if it is completely cooked, take some mixture in your hand and if it forms into a ball then switch off the flame and let it cool for around 5 minutes.
- Take a modak mould and put some coconut mixture inside it, making sure it’s completely full. Now close the mould and remove the excess mixture from the sides. Once done, gently remove the modak from the mould.
- Similarly make all the modaks.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for upto 10 days.
- Always roast the coconut on low-medium flame else it will change it’s colour and the ladoo’s will become very dark.
- You can use fresh coconut too. Make sure it’s finely grated.
- While forming the modak’s if the mixture turns little dry then add some milk and make them.
Yummy 😋 and easy to make thanks delicious recipeReplyDelete
Thank you for your valuable feedbackDelete