Ingredients (used American measuring cup, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 200 gms shrikhand plain or cardamom flavored shrikhand
- 1.5 cup yogurt (Dahi)
- ½ cup milk or as required (doodh)
- 1 tbsp hot milk + a pinch of saffron strands (infuse the saffron in hot milk for some time)
- 2-3 tbsp sugar or as required (shakar)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- a pinch of nutmeg powder (jaiphal powder)
- 6-7 pistachios sliced thinly (pistachio, pista)
- 1 pinch of saffron strand (Kesar)
- 1 tbsp vetiver water (kewra water) optional
Steps for Making Piyush-
- Place saffron in hot milk for 3-4 mins. Stir the mixture nicely. Allow cooling.
- Mix curd, milk, saffron-infused milk, shrikhand, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, kewra water, and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Now blend with an electric beater, manually whisk or use a wooden churner (Madani). Blend all until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into earthen or clay pots and place them into the refrigerator for 2-3 hrs. Serve your Piyush chilled and garnish with saffron and sliced pistachios. You could also sprinkle some cardamom or nutmeg powder on the garnish.
- I have used cardamom shrikhand but you could use home-made shrikhand or any shrikhand for Piyush preferably the yellow-colored ones.
- Ensure you serve them chilled for the best results in flavor and taste.
- Add sugar accordingly as shrikhand is sweet so be careful while adding sugar.
- You may use Turmeric in place of Kesar.
hey ... wow nice name and delicious I have tried this recipe just now its yummy delicious.ReplyDelete