Skip to main content
- 4 cups (1litre) milk
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- ½ cup (120g) curd
Steps In Making
- To prepare hung curd put the curd in a sieve or a muslin cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes till all the excess water is drained out.
- In a pan over a medium flame add 3/4 sugar and while stirring it continuously cook till the sugar starts to melt.
- After a few minutes, the sugar will start to change its color. Keep stirring till it gets a nice golden caramel color.
- Now while stirring it continuously add some milk in it and mix well.
- Further add the rest of the milk and keep stirring till everything is well combined.
- Boil for 7-8 minutes, the milk will begin to thicken and change it’s color to light brown.
- Add the rest of the sugar and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Now let the milk cool down for 10 minutes, till it becomes lukewarm.
- In a large bowl add hung curd and beat till it becomes smooth.
- Further, add the prepared milk in it and mix till everything is well combined and no lumps are there.
- Pour the mishti doi mixture in the earthen clay pots, cover it with a foil or plate.
- Let it rest for 8-10 hours or overnight. The mishti doi will become thick and creamy.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. It can be stored for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- While caramelizing sugar make sure the flame is not very high else it might burn.
- While adding the curd in the milk, make sure the milk is not very hot nor cold, it should be lukewarm. To check, insert your little finger in the milk and it should feel warm.
- If you will add the curd in hot milk, then it might curdle and if you will add it in cold milk then the mishti doi will not set properly.
- If there are any crystals formed while adding milk in the caramelized sugar then keep stirring it continuously for some time and they will dissolve.
- Mishti Doi is served in earthen clay pots because they absorb excess moisture which results in a thick and creamy misthi doi.
Yummy ... Please share recipe of Shrikhand also waiting for that ...ReplyDelete
sure i will share soonDelete
It's look really mouthwateringReplyDelete