Skip to main content
Easy Rabdi Recipe – How to Make Rabdi at Home
Ingredients For Rabdi
Steps In Making Rabdi
- 4 ½ cups (1 liter) full-fat milk
- 3 tablespoon (45g) sugar
- ½ cup (62g) milk powder
- 10-12 Kaju/cashew roughly chopped
- 10-12 badam/almonds roughly chopped
- 10-12 pista/ pistachios roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon elachai/ cardamom powder
- 20-22 saffron strands
- In a heavy bottom, pan adds milk and bring it to a boil over medium flame. Keep stirring it continuously to avoid it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add milk powder and saffron and mix well.
- Once the upper layer of cream is formed, gently stick the malai or cream layer on the sides of the vessel. (Do not mix it in the milk).
- Keep repeating the process of sticking the malai or cream on the sides of the vessel 7-8 times or until the milk is reduced to ¼
- Now add sugar and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring it continuously on medium flame.
- Finally, add the cardamom powder and all the dried nuts and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let the rabri cool down in the pan for 30 minutes before scraping off the malai/cream
- Gently scrape off the sides and give it a good mix and keep it aside.
- Serve cold. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe Notes For Rabdi
- Always use full-fat milk for thick and creamy lacchedar rabdi
- Not to cook rabdi on high flame else the milk will stick to the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Let the rabdi cool down for a little time before removing the cream from the sides of the pan. Else the lacchedar rabdi won't is formed.
Desert ho wo bhi milk products yummyReplyDelete